Best South Africa Elephant Walking Safari
Ever had an African elephant as a tour guide?
Well now you can have that opportunity with this unique elephant walking safari interaction tour. Come and meet Three, Marty and Hannah, the trio of semi-habituated elephants that were orphaned at a young age. Three got her name from the container that she was transported in. Not very romantic we know. As for the walk, we are sure that you will be blown away by the experience!!!
You will get to observe and interact with the elephants in their natural environment as you walk side by side with these gentle giants of Africa. Only 1 hour drive from Johannesburg, this elephant walking safari is must do experience that will leave you uplifted and will leave you with a new found appreciation for Africa’s largest land mammal.
Meet the elephants from your elephant walking safari
The mother elephant known as ‘Three’ is beautiful with long, lean legs and eyelashes to die for. As soon as you get to meet her with her soft nature you will be in love and maybe and maybe a tad nervous. After all, it’s not every day that you get to walk in the African bush with a six ton elephant.
The gorgeous elephant trio of ‘Three’, Marty and Hannah will show you what an elephant typically does on an average day. You will observe them stripping branches of a tree, uprooted trees, digging for roots with their feet and tusks and showering themselves with sand and water to cool themselves from the African sun.
And yes we have some incredible human guides that will accompany you on the day tour, but on this experience, we are happy to say that our elephants make way better guides. And they give a better kiss. In fact, it is compulsory for the elephants to give you a big sloppy kiss before you go your separate ways.
Book your elephant walking safari in South Africa now!
|Number of Tickets||1 ticket @ R2150, 2 tickets @ R1550 pp, 3 tickets @ R1400 pp, 4 tickets @ R1250 pp, 5 tickets @ R1200 pp|
- Our tours begin and end in Johannesburg or Pretoria.
- Pick up time is 8am from your hotel. You will be met by your guide who will be with you for the duration of your elephant walking day tour.
- The drive through to the park takes about 1.5 hours and sees us heading towards the North Western province towards a private concession where the elephants reside.
- Once we get there, we will have a cup of coffee and muffins before we pile you into one of the landrovers. The elephants could be roaming anywhere, so we need to find out from the rangers where they are and drive to them. Elephants weigh 6 tons. We are not going to argue with them about coming to us. We shall swallow our pride and drive to them.
- Once we find them, we will spend about an hour walking, observing and interacting with them.
- The walk is limited to 1 hour and is only done once a day. Limited to 8 people. We do not want to stress the elephants out with too much human interaction.
- We finish the tour with lunch at the reserve before heading back to the hotel. Back by 12H30, unless you decide to combine our lion walking experience onto the tour.
Your safari tour guide is an elephant.
You will accompanied on your elephant walking day tour with one of our enthusiastic adventure guides who has intimate knowledge of the park and animals as well as the local culture.
Can be experienced in half a day.
Pick up from any place within Johannesburg at no extra cost
Return transfers Johannesburg to the elephant concession return
All Elephant walking permits and fees
Basic first aid kit
Qualified travel guide
Lunch , as well as unlimited water and hot beverages
1 hour walk with the elephants in their natural environment
Flights and airport taxes
Items of a personal nature
Tips for guides
Visas for South Africa
Health requirements (if any)
Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
Meals & drinks not specified
An absolutley mind blowing and humbling experience. We spent oger an hour walking with and observing these gentle giants in the african bush. Loved it!
Getting the chance to interact with these amazing creatures was truly rare and beautiful. I learned so much about elephants and was completely blown away by their gentle nature and powerful presence.
One of the best eco tours in Johannesburg by far! The elephants are not kept n cages but roam free in the African bush. The walk was incredible. We followed the elephants for nearly 2km as they drank water and broke down trees. Highly recommend this half day tour
We have just spent 2 incredible days walking with the elephants and walking with the lions. These are less tours but more one of the most amazing experiences we have had – and made more so by our guide Roger. Darren whatever you are paying him is not enough – he is an absolute ambassador for South African Adventures, South Africa and the the lion & elephant reserves we visited. These 2 excursions are an absolute must for any visitor. Thanks heaps.
Leave a Review