Join us on the the closest BIG 5 half day Johannesburg safari!
Join us on this incredible half day Johannesburg safari tour to the Dinokeng Game Reserve, the closest you will get to the Big 5 in their natural environment from Johannesburg. This tour is the perfect getaway option for travellers with a yearning for a unique and interactive safari experience while avoiding the crowds.
The safari is situated just over an hour’s drive from centrally located hotels in the Johannesburg area. The drive takes us in a North Easterly direction to Dinokeng Game Reserve. This half day Johannesburg safari tour offers guests a memorable Big 5 safari experience with a difference. The game drives are conducted on open air vehicles with a qualified game ranger who has intimate knowledge of the area and animals within the area.
About the Dinokeng Game Reserve
This incredible biosphere of natural awesomeness covers an area of 210 hectares and is home to an abundance of wildlife, birds and plant species unique to the African Bushveld.
The flagship animal species of the reserve are:
- White Rhino
- African Buffalo
What to expect on this half-day Johannesburg safari tour
The first part of the half day Johannesburg safari involves an incredible 3 hour safari on our open air game vehicles. The reserve is home to the Big 5 as well as a host of other animals. So under the capable captainship of your ranger we embark on a journey into the African Bush in search of the wildlife that include elephant, zebra, lions, rhino, impala, buffalo, leopard and many other indigenous animals. Unlike the more commercialized safaris, we like to maximize your experience by keeping group’s small and creating a more interactive and informative environment.
When do the half-day Johannesburg safari tours operate?
We have 2 tours scheduled every day of the week.
- The 1st tour pick up time is 7am
- The 2nd tour pick up time is 2pm
- Sunrise/sunset safaris also available on request
Why Choose South Africa Adventures for your half day Johannesburg safari tour?
- We pride ourselves on giving a more unique and interactive wildlife experience
- Our team have an absolute passion for what they do
- Smaller group sizes
- Visit to the local museum to learn of the rich cultural heritage of the area
Our guide will pick you up from any centrally located hotels within the Johannesburg area. Pick up time is 07:30am.
We then take the 75 minute drive through the Dinokeng Game Reserve situated just north east of Pretoria
Upon arrival, we will enjoy a light refreshment of tea, coffee or cold drinks will have the opportunity to meet the local game ranger.
At 09:30am ( 09:00am in Winter) we will embark on a 3 hour safari through the reserve in an open air game vehicle.
The game drive should conclude by 12:30pm.
Should have you back at your hotel by 2:00pm. Our guide will also be happy to recommend some local restaurants to stop off at before retuning to your hotel for lunch/dinner at your own cost.
Our afternoon game drives should have you back at your hotel around 8pm.
- Return transfers from Johannesburg to the Reserve
- 3 hour open air game drive with a qualified ranger
- All entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Guide and driver
- Basic first aid kit
- Dedicated Trip Planner
- Local Taxes
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Visas for South Africa
- Health requirements (if any)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Snacks, personal medicine
- Meals & drinks not specified
- Fully inclusive tour including pick up and transportation to the reserve
- Home of the Big 5 as well as an abundance of other wildlife species
- 5 star hosting facilities
- Authentic safari experience just outside of Johannesburg
- 3 hour Open air game vehicle safari
- Value for Money