Cape Town City & Table Mountain Tour not to be missed! Join us on this incredible day tour of Cape Town, one of the most beautiful cities in the world! If you have never been to Cape Town before then this tour is a perfect introduction into what South Africa’s Mother City has to offer.
There is no other city in South Africa that can match it’s sheer awesomeness and beauty as it’s mountainous spine known as the Cape Peninsula bonds with the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The most famous landmark by far is Table Mountain as she rises over 1000m into the Cape Town sky.
The Mountain is often shrouded in a mystical layer of cloud known by the locals as ‘the tablecloth’. The Mountain looms up like a sentinel protecting the city that divides Cape Town into distinct zones that include forests, vineyards, public parks and desirable real estate opportunities.
From the summit of Table Mountain, there are some awe inspiring views. To the North you get a view of the city, Victoria and Alfred Harbour area, and the many ships waiting to dock. To the west, under the towering mountainous formations of the Twelve Apostles lies the Atlantic sea board and the area known as Camps Bay and through to Clifton- Cape Towns most affluent area by far.
Nestled below Table Mountain lies the city centre. It is here that we get a feel for the real soul of Cape Town. A city bursting with rich cultural heritage that is alive with excitement and adventure.
How long is the Cape Town City & Table Mountain tour?
If the weather is good and the cable car ride to the summit of Table Mountain is possible, then we estimate the total tour time to be around 6 hours.
What is the pick up time?
We pick up guest from their hotel between 7:30 and 8am depending on the location of the hotel.
Do the tours run daily?
Yes, they run daily. The Cape Town City And Table Mountain tour is one of our most popular experiences with local and overseas visitors alike. The only days we do not operate is on Christmas Day and January.
How many people on our tours?
Our average group size is about 8. Our tour size limits are from 2-16 on one vehicle. This makes for a more unique and interactive experience with our guide.
Fun Facts about Table Mountain
- This iconic mountain tops out at 1,085m above sea level
- It is one of South Africa most visited attraction
- Table Mountain only looks Flat from one side. The overlying mountains to the south west are known as the Twelve Apostles
- There are many hiking routes to the summit for the more energetic travelers
- There are over 2,200 species of plant life on the mountain. Many of them are endemic and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- The most common animal to found on its slopes goes by the name of a Dassie- a small rodent type creature that looks more like a huge rat.
- And for you romantic types- there are more engagements on its slopes than any where else in South Africa.
- Fun facts about Cape Town
- It’s nickname is the Mother City
- Cape Town has one of the youngest populations with the average age being 25.
- Cape Town is home to the most trophy homes. These are homes that cost in excess of $ 2 million.
- Afrikaans is the most spoken language
Travelers are picked up from their hotel between 7:30am and 8am depending on the location of the pick up. The first part of the tour is to the summit of Table Mountain via the cable car. This part of the tour is weather dependent. The mornings present a better chance of getting up if the weather is good.
From the top of Table Mountain you will get to enjoy the panoramic views of the Table Bay harbor, Robben Island and the Mother City way below.
We then take a drive through to the city centre and enjoy a walk through the Company Gardens. A truly spectacular place where you will get to feel the ‘Cape Town Vibes’ in a tranquil setting. We will take you to visit ‘ The Arch’ as it is lovingly known by the locals. It is a statue erected in memory of Desmond Tutu, one of South Africa’s most famous hero’s.
It is situated next to the ‘People’s Cathedral’ more traditionally known as St. George’s Cathedral. The tour continues into the darker side of South African history. Step inside the Slave Lodge. You will learn about the history of slavery in South Africa and how it helped mould the nation it is today.
The next part of the day tour is a drive through the various parts of the city. It is here that you will get a feel for the cultural melting pot that it is famous for. You will get a true feeling of the rich diversity and soul of the Mother City.
And to end the tour? We stop at a really cool spot known as the Truth Cafe for some artisan coffee and lunch.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Guide for the duration of the tour
- 1 hour driving City tour with our guide
- 1 hour tour of the Company Gardens and slave Lodge including entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Table Mountain cable car fees
- Coffee at the Truth Cafe
- Experience the sheer awesomeness of Table Mountain from the summit
- Scenic cable car ride to the summit of Table Mountain
- In depth tour of the Cape Town city centre
- Informative tour of the Company Gardens, a heritage site created in 1650 by the first European settlers to produce fresh produce that was supplied to the passing ships.
- Spend some time exploring the old Slave Lodge, one of Cape Towns oldest buildings. The guide takes you on a historical journey through the landmark that was once home to slaves.